Zenit-19 is a Soviet small-format single-lens reflex camera with semi-automatic exposure control, produced at the Krasnogorsk Mechanical Plant (KMZ).
The original name of the camera: "Zenith T-1" (experienced instances).
The main feature of "Zenith-19" is the presence of a lamella slotted shutter (consists of two groups of metal lamellas), which provides working out shutter speeds from 1 s to 1/1000 s. Shutter speeds in the range of 1-1/500 s are worked out by an electronic control circuit, and 1/1000 s is mechanical, which ensures high stability and uniform exposure of the frame. In the absence of batteries, shutter speeds of 1-1/500 s are not available.
The camera was equipped with one of the lenses: "Zenitar-M" 1,7 / 50; "Helios-44M" 2/58; "Helios-44M-4" 2/58. During the production process, the device was modernized several times. So, for example, since the middle of 1982, a hidden lock on the rear wall of the device began to be installed (interlocked with the rewind roulette being pulled out).
- Cameras manufactured before 1983 inclusive were equipped with the FZL-80 shutter (“Focal Lamellar Shutter”). By 1984, due to a large number of complaints, a new FZL-84 shutter was developed.
- Cameras with different shutters could be distinguished by different flash synchronization speeds: FZL-80 shutter - 1/60 s, FZL-84 shutter - 1/125 s.
The total number of cameras produced is 121.
In 1980, a camera with a Helios-44M lens cost 245 rubles, with a Zenitar-M 1,7/50 lens - 295 rubles.
- The type of photographic material used is perforated photographic film 35 mm wide (film type 135) in cassettes. The frame size is 24×36 mm.
- Housing - cast aluminum alloy, with an opening rear wall.
- Shutter cocking and film rewind. Rewind roulette type.
- The cocking trigger has a transport and working position.
- Button to disable film rewind for multiple exposures.
- Frame counter automatically reset when the back of the camera is opened.
- Blocking the release button from accidental pressing.
- Electromechanical focal plane shutter with metal vertical lamellas provides the following shutter speeds: 1/1000 (the only mechanical), 1/500, 1/250, 1/125, 1/60, 1/30, 1/15, 1/8, 1/ 4, 1/2, 1s, "B" and long.
- The lens mount type is M42×1 thread. Working length - 45,5 mm.
- Standard lens - "Helios-44M" 2/58 mm, "Helios-44M-4" 2/58 mm or Zenitar-M 1,7/50.
- The mechanism of the jumping diaphragm.
- Aperture repeater, combined with the inclusion of the exposure meter.
- TTL exposure meter (behind-the-objective exposure metering) with cadmium sulfide (CdS) photoresistor. The pointer indicator of the exposure meter is visible in the viewfinder's field of view. Semi-automatic exposure setting on the aperture closed to the working value. With the film speed set and the shutter speed set, the aperture setting ring should be set to the neutral position. Film light sensitivity range 16-500 units. GOST. When filters are used, corrections are automatically made for their density. Sighting, focusing and setting the exposure is done without taking your eyes off the eyepiece.
- The viewfinder is “dull” (as on the “Zenith-TTL”) - the front face of the pentaprism is made translucent to take light to the photoresistor, so about half of the light flux enters the viewfinder eyepiece.
- Non-replaceable focusing screen - Fresnel lens with microraster and frosted ring, after 1986 - Fresnel lens with microraster, Doden wedges and frosted ring.
- Viewfinder field of view: 22,8 x 34,2 mm.
- The power source for semi-automatic exposure metering and the electromechanical shutter is two D-0,06 nickel-cadmium disk batteries or two mercury-zinc cells RTs-53 (a modern analogue of PX-625).
- Power supply check button with LED indicator (power is used by the shutter and exposure meter).
- Sync contact "X" and central sync contact.
- Mechanical self-timer.
- The thread of the tripod socket is 1/4″.
According to the catalog of 1200 cameras of the USSR, it has the following modifications:
- Zenit-19 semi-automatic Model group I Issue 1
- Zenit-19 Model Group II Issue 2
- Zenit-19 Model Group II Issue 3
- Zenit-19 Model Group III Issue 4
write me. Help the project: 5469 1200 1062 4624. Comments can be left without registration and SMS