The Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T * E 16-70mm f / 4 ZA OSS Lens (SEL-1670Z) is a zoom (zoom) lens for Sony cameras with bayonetE. Designed for APS-C format cameras and can be mounted on Sony A full-frame models.
Specifications Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T * E 16-70mm f / 4 ZA OSS (SEL-1670Z)
A type lens - standard Zoom Focal length - 16 - 70 mm Zoom ratio - 4.4x Only for non-full-frame cameras - yes Aperture - F4 Minimum diaphragm - F22 Mount - Sony E Image Stabilization - Yes Automatic focusing - yes Number of elements / groups of elements - 16/12 Number of aspherical elements - 4 Number of low-dispersion elements - 1 Number of aperture blades - 7 Dimensions (D x L) - 67 x 75 mm Weight - 308 g Viewing angle - 23 - 83 deg.min Closest focusing distance 0.35 m Internal focusing - there is a Diameter of a thread for a light filter - 55 mm
- Metal body, coated optics. Lightweight, compact. Constant diaphragm f / 4 over the entire focal range. Internal focusing, noiseless and fast. It is a pity that the abundance of low-dispersion elements overestimates expectations even before the purchase. lens... Own opinion of Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T * E 16-70mm f / 4 ZA OSS (SEL-1670Z) can be compiled based on the description below.
- Center sharpness, center very good! compactness versatility
- sharp, fast autofocus, high-quality assembly, pleasant colors, compactness, reliability, convenient focusing, fixed diaphragm at all focal points, manual zoom (which I really appreciated after the idiotic selp 16-50 motor zoom)
- * Sharpness! Not for the pretty eyes it says "Tessar" on it. This is one of the sharpest "cetacean" lenses under bayonet E. The number of small parts compared to any SELP-1650 is simply amazing! * Compactness. Everything is relative, of course, but it goes well with the 3500th carcass. * Good execution. Spontaneous dumping of the trunk is definitely not threatening him. * Constant maximum diaphragm... * Stab.
- Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T * E 16-70mm f / 4 ZA OSS (SEL-1670Z) strongly chromatite, catches hares, increases noise, sometimes excessive sharpness (on the verge of oversharp)
- soap around the edges at 16-30mm ... in general, it washes around the edges of the frame at a wide angle, even at f8-10, when shooting objects further 50m even more than whale 1650 Vacuum cleaner, the structure has no dust protection ... it goes numb at all. Price..
- * My copy sometimes lathers corners on a fully open aperture. * Decorative focus ring. I did not understand how it works and if it works at all. There is still no point in using this lens in manual focus mode. * Aperture is not amazing. This is the price to pay for being able to open the aperture to f / 4 at 70mm. * Price, price, price ...
Sample Photos Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T * E 16-70mm f / 4 ZA OSS (SEL-1670Z)
- All pros and cons were weighed before spending the money. Bought primarily for landscape photography, and as a staff for all occasions on travel. I thought that for that kind of money I would have "cloudless happiness." Undoubtedly, the sharpness, picture quality, colors, detailing pleased us - everything is at the level and does not cause any complaints. But the chromatite is harsh, which I did not expect from Zeiss (I have an ancient Zeiss manual - I have something to deal with), this is especially noticeable in the defocusing zone and not necessarily in the backlight. Catching "terrible green unkillable rabbits", which when shooting sea sunsets is very annoying and even spoils successful shots. You just can't stamp splashes of waves and the like little things without loss ...
Sharpness lens sometimes it does a disservice - with an increase in ISO - the slightest noise is amplified at times (which is especially noticeable when using filters) - the sky in the landscape turns out to be powdered, untidy. Well, when shooting portraits - all the wrinkles "on the face" Vignetting, which, of course, is corrected by software, but again, when filters are applied (and what a landscape without a polarizer!) It makes it impossible to shoot high-quality at the minimum focal length due to spoiled angles, which is not always possible to fix in programs. And yet, when compared with other lenses, the picture quality wins greatly. In general, a very good staffer. But for such a price lens with the coveted blue badge, much more was expected.
- If you need a COMPLETELY high-quality and at the same time compact zoom, then there is no alternative on the Sonevsky crop (18-105 large, the whale is darker and lathers not only at the edges, 18-200 is very large and the picture is worse) In general, the lens is far from ideal, because ... it is optimized primarily for shooting people - sharpness, color is all at a height, but landscape and architecture shooting at a wide angle (up to 30mm) and at a distance of more than 50 meters is not his strong point - there will be soap ON THE EDGES and there will be more soap than on a whale on the same focal points. So the glass is ambiguous, due to the very good sharpness in the center, a wide angle was sacrificed for landscapes. A controversial engineering solution, of course there are no miracles, but such a soap is too much ... keep this in mind before buying, so as not to be disappointed ... just think, the sharpness at the edges will be leveled and even raised somewhat, but the center will cease to be so sharp, of course it has a lot of sharpness and will still be sharper than a whale, but nevertheless.
- All the rant about f / 4 not being good enough just haven't played enough aperture yet. Imagine the same f / 2.8 focal lengths - the glass will be different sizes. We're talking about a compact, and this lens is very compact, handy and produces great pictures! Really f / 4 is enough! At night, absolutely no matter what "hole" 2.8 or 4 you have, it won't be enough anyway. Tripod to help. I use all kinds of surfaces, bridge supports, lampposts and even curbs. PS The lens is very good, high quality. Kochneno, you will have to pay extra for quality, moreover, not a little. Yuzal 18-200, 18-105, 16-50, 18-55. I chose 16-70 as the main one. PPS I also have a Canon Mark II with 24-70 f / 2.8 and 70-200 f / 2.8 IS + 580 flash, all this stuff together with filters, chargers, batteries and other crap comes out under, you will not believe, 8 kilograms! Of course, the mirror gives other shots, but I often missed good shots just because I didn't have time to cock the lens, or, it was banal to be too lazy to lift two kilograms to catch a frame.
- replacing the NEX-6 with the Sony -A 6000, I had to choose a 16-70 / 4 staff, which could “pull” a 24MP matrix. I've been using it for a couple of days, in general, the lens pleases by all criteria. fix 35 / 1,8 oss, I bought so that I could always carry the camera in a leather bag for documents. And so it managed for a while, but there was not enough zoom. Kitovy 16-50, after reading reviews, did not buy with any camera, so I will not compare with it.
I have been shooting for a long time on the Nikon system, I have zooms of the "golden series", which weigh about 1 kg or more. So Zeiss 16-70 / 4 oss is not inferior to them in all characteristics. Although the final result from Nikonovsky FF and Sonevsky crop is not correct to compare, the pictures differ not in Sonya's favor. But a compact bundle: A6000 camera + 16-70 / 4 oss lens is always with me, and Nikon FF (D800) rests on its "laurels" at home)))
- In terms of optical quality, the lens is mediocre. Soapy, sluggish and boring. Offers ugly blur. The positive aspects include low weight, compactness and high quality of the body material.
- Took to replace the whale 16-50. I tested different specimens at photo exhibitions, and so they all have different sharpness at different focal points, shifted to one side or the other. For my benefit, it is more or less harmoniously located, on the w / at the edges are pulled up at F8-F9.5, so that suits me. At the same time, at the long end, it is quite possible to shoot portraits in the open, the main thing is not to press the subject too much to the edges of the frame).
write me. Help the project: 5469 1200 1062 4624. Comments can be left without registration and SMS