Not really a "homeless" version, but minimum price - a set of ironto pull everything Lightrooms и Photoshop would be without brakes and delays, about "so that everything flies" is not yet talking. About a powerful unit - "so as not to change 4 years" and about MONITORS - in the following articles. And for those who do not like a lot of letters, the configuration is at the end of the article.
And I will immediately tell my comrades who choose a computer to PHOTOSHOP and PLAY IN A MODERN toy — this article is NOT FOR YOU! Also, this assembly is not suitable for video editing! Here we consider hardware for the tasks of graphic editors, games use hardware in a different way! Something that "drags" a modern game well is of little use for Lightroom.
And immediately you need to make a reservation LAPTOPS ARE NOT SUITABLE AS A COMPUTER FOR A PHOTOGRAPHER! (only if a forced measure, for example, you move every month)
- They are much weaker and if your laptop says that there is a processor intel i9, and in the desktop it is also called intel-i9 IS TWO ABSOLUTELY DIFFERENT PROCESSORS! The one in the laptop is closer to the one in the phone. iPhone 13than to a normal processor, because in a laptop it should be as economical as possible!
- Also in laptops - beech small amount of memory for data storage. SSD drives are not large. And if you think that connect an external hard drive and everything is ok - then alas, the baud rate will be very slow and programs will slow down when accessing data on an external medium. YES, and if you are a photographer, you need a lot of memory!
- Laptop DISPLAY size - makes retouching, processing and especially - the choice of photos very uncomfortable! YOU are wasting your most precious resource - TIME!
- YOU overpay for a laptop 2 or even 6 times! For the cost of a budget laptop with an ips display, weak intel - i5 and SSD-256 gb, you can assemble a powerful computer with a 22-inch monitor!
First, a little theory, and at the end the configuration with which you can go to the store! Recommended buy for spare parts, where it is cheaper! Don't take everything in one store.
Modern processors have a complex structure, they have many physical cores, integrated graphics (i.e. you do not need a separate video card), as well as technology Hyper-Threading - multithreading. The more cores the faster the processor, and the multithreading technology allows ONE core fulfill - TWO logical processesand this makes from your for example TWO-NUCLEAR processor, as if - FOUR-NUCLEAR. But it works only where it is supported by the application, for example, modern games are very fond of multi-threading.
And the second parameter is hthe frequency of each nucleus. The higher the frequency, the more powerful the processor. For example 3500MHz (3.5GHz) is more powerful than 2800MHz (2,8GHz). Also, the processor can have a toorbo mode, during peak loads for a while overclocking to maximum frequencies.
There is also Cash, logic, etc., we will not consider all this, who needs to google it.
THOSE. With more cores, more frequency, plus technology Hyper-Threading and we get the most powerful yet expensive processor! But alas, this is not the case in life. And in the picture above A10-9700 makes for performance FX-6300 which seems to have a larger number of cores and higher frequencies.
SO here - Lightroom and Photoshop love multicore processors, and are indifferent to the number of threads. That is, according to numerous tests, our favorite photo editors more than 4 cores were not used until mid-2018, and they do not care about the streams. It is the "quality" of processor cores, frequency and cache that are important. That is, we need a powerful minimum of a 4-core processor!
And in the latest versions Lightroom Classic CC added support for multi-core solutions, and now up to 14 cores can be used simultaneously, BUT work they are mainly at export and generation of previews. For most other tasks, more than 4 cores will not be used!
Which budget processor to take?
Most optimal will be - Intel Core i3-8100 ! YES, now out AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and it is 1'400 rubles. cheaper than i3-8100, and built-in graphics from AMD (VEGA 8) more powerful than built-in from Intel ( HD graphics 630), but we can't play with toys (Ryzen 3 2200G is better for games). So why not AMD, then?
Many specialized programs are sharpened better for Intel than AMD, special instructions, tests and development on Intel, and in general, so far, Intel's "power per core" is better. Adobe is no exception, here it is important how the kernel works, not multithreading. TSo Photoshop and Lightroom Work Better on Intel and the built-in graphics won't help.
У Intel the generation of the processor is indicated by the first digit, i.e. Intel Core i3-7100 - 7 generation, i3-8100 - 8th. Us you need ONLY 8th and higher !!!
- First - now i3 is a full-fledged 4-core processor, he replaced the i5. Ie, he is the most productive of the state employees!
- Secondly, it has socket 1151-v2 - i.e. you will be able to upgrade your car to a super powerful one in a year Intel Core i7-9900K and get a powerful beast that will last for a very long time! (And by adding a video card Nvidia GTX-2080 Super you will get the most powerful gaming computer!)
- Thirdly - Intel Core i3-8100 It has integrated graphics (GPU), and this means at first you can get by without video card! (provided that the resolution of your monitor no more than - FHD 1920 * 1080)
- Fourthly, motherboards for i3-8100 must have a chipset H310, H370, B360 or Z370, but for now they are expensive! If we are collecting a budget solution then H310, and if for the future then pay extra 3000 rubles. precisely for Z370, there overclocking capability.
Older, but more powerful intel - there is no point in taking! They are on their own, new 6i nuclear Intel i-5 и AMD Ryzen - neither here nor there. Therefore, it is better to dig up and take later, powerful Intel i7-9700K. Low-end devices from AMD lose about performance, and many of them no built-in video card, save on the processor, but splurge on an external graphics card! A new 2nd Gen Ryzen costs the same, but inferior to Intel in photo editing apps!
Since 2019 Photoshop for some plugins and filters requires a discrete video card!
Therefore it is possible save and take the processor Intel with letter "F" are processors without integrated video graphics - for example i3-9100F it is 3000r cheaper i3-8100 with "built-in"! And spend the saved money on a video card!
It would seem that you can consider AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with integrated Vega graphics - 8000r! But again, 3-8100 costs 10000r and the performance is noticeably higher! Therefore, there is practically no choice in the budget segment!
Well, about boo, take on AVITO I7-7700 for 20000 rubles in 2019-2020, there is no point!
About video cards
In short, it is essentially in the budgetary system, for Lightroom it not needed at all! But since 2019 Photoshop for some plugins and filters requires a discrete video card!
A video card is needed to display the data processed by the processor on the monitor. But many modern processors for example Intel Pentium G4600, Core i3-8100, or AMD Ryzen 3 2200G have your built-in video card. Therefore, to save the budget, you can get by without external video card if your monitor resolution FHD 1920 * 1080 and below!
You might argue that Lightroom and Photoshop since 2015 have a function in the settings, use VIDEO CARD to increase system performance! YES it does and it works! BUT this is done primarily for laptops, for the reason that, as described above, their processors are very weak, and in order to at least somehow increase the performance, a video card is used! In desktop systems, there is a gain, but it is not very noticeable to buy a video card for this! And then again there is one BUT……
No video card needed - if the resolution of your monitor is not higher FHD (WUXGA) 1920 × 1080! If it above the VIDEO CARD MANDATORY!
Since 2019 Photoshop for some plugins and filters requires a discrete video card with at least 4GB of memory!
Graphics Cards for Lightroom and Photoshop better to take with a chip from NVIDIA, they are better tailored for these applications. When choosing a video card, it is worth looking at which maximum resolution nsupported by the card as it contains connectors, and an important parameter, number of CUDA cores. CUDA cores - in short, the more there are, the more productive the video card for our favorite graphics editors
Adobe has been working with Nvidia for a long time and it's just as useful in Photoshop, etc.
The manufacturer is not at all important !!! Asus, Gigabyte, Palit, etc. take any. The main thing is that the type of memory was DDR5X, and better DDR6! Well, if you want the system unit to be quiet look for the video card with the inscription Silent in title (this means no fans), and of course powerful map Silent you won't find!
- For QHD (WQXGA) 2560 × 1440 monitor it will take already separate video card, since the built-in graphics do not support such a resolution, and the processor would be burdened with too much! You can take any vidyuhu for such a monitor that supports such a resolution, and the main thing is that there was a DVI connectorAs standard HDMI DOES NOT PASS this resolution! (For example, the new GeForce GT 730 Silent will cost 3600r and there can be no talk of any games here! If you want to play a little "on medium-minimum" - you can look at AVITO bu GTX1050ti about 5000-6000r.)
- For UHD monitor (WQUXGA) 3840 × 2160 it will take already not just a separate video card, but a powerful and efficient video card. And connectors DVI и HDMI ( HDMI2.0 rarity) will not work here, you need a connector DisplayPort! Be sure to check that it is there, and that the card supports the resolution of 3840x2160.
- For UHD monitor (WQUXGA) 3840 × 2160 - necessary at least 6GB of video memory! Here, as an example from the new, the most minimal thing that can be advised GeForce GTX 1660 -16000r, and if the budget is very limited then on AVITO bu gtx 1060 6gb about 9000r. The most optimal will be the GeForce GTX 2060-8GB.
NVIDIA in 2019 I made a difference with the release of new video cards with
The manufacturer is not at all important !!! The times when the manufacturers were cheating are long gone! In the shop of course try to sell you a dearer one saying that it is of better quality, like ASUS does better! This is complete nonsense! Asus, Gigabyte, Palit, etc. take any. Important:
- To have more USB ports and at least some of them USB3.0
- 4 slots for RAM are better than 2, but this is not so important for us in a budget assembly!
- Don't take the MICRO-ATX with only two slots for RAM for an ordinary computer!
- For Intel Core i3-8100 cheapest mother on H310 chipset (socket 1151) costs from 4500r.
- For Intel processors Chipset Z (Z370 \ Z390) allows you to overclock processors and is supported for longer by the manufacturer, with the ability to supply a newer processor. Prices from 7000r.
- Intel 9 (i3-9100F) generation not all mothers support "out of the box" especially the Z370 (PLEASE PLEASE), check with the seller or on your mother's website!
- For AMD Ryzen 3 2200G cheapest / most reliable mother on A320 chipset (socket AM4 ) costs from 4000r.
An important parameter, but in a budget computer we take any! Remember what is important:
- We need exactly DDR4
- We need a minimum total volume 8GB
- For modern processors, I recommend taking at least 16GB is the new standard.
- It is desirable that ALL slots in the motherboard be plugged with memory, if there are 4 slots, but we need 16GB, then take 4 by 4, but you can also have one 8GB, two 2GB and one 4GB.
- For an average system, you can take two not identical dies, for example 8GB + 4GB, and then you get the FLEX mode, which is not much inferior to the two-channel mode.
- Take only the memory recommended by your motherboard manufacturer. Go to the site of your motherboard model and open the memory compatibility list!
- It may be that memory sticks purchased separately may not be good friends with each other, the manufacturer tests them in sets for compatibility with each other! It is better to take it as a set! But if budget, take different ones!
Again, the manufacturer doesn't matter! But the programs will work faster if you have system (WINDOWS) stands on one disk, а photos are stored on another! For the system, it is better to take SSD disk not less 250GB, for photos and archives take a disc less 2TB not very profitable! And the main thing is to know that:
- Лbetter to take MORE NEW MODELS!
- Read and write speed SSD should be at least 500 mb / s
- Speed hard Drive HDD should be at least 7200 / min
- Be sure to take the cheapest one HDD with a speed of 5400 rpm for BACKUP (backup storage)!
Better to take with 80+ BRONZE certificate! Do not take too much, the seller will try to sell you a more powerful one in order to sell you a more expensive purchase!
- If no video card that's enough for the eyes 400W
- If the video card is not the most powerful (as in our article) that's enough 500W
- If a powerful video card, then look at the specifications of the card itself!
In general, anyone! It all depends on your taste preferences! The main thing is that it contains blowing fan inside the case and for blowing out of him!!
The cheapest one costs 1250r, so take it!
CONFIGURATION to go to the store with it
Search on Yandex Market by name every detail, and buy in the store where it is cheaper! So you save to 3000-4000r !!!
Homeless version with a monitor is possible at 31'000r !! Decent midrange (not for editing and 4K monitor)
- Processor Intel Core i3-8100 - 9'300r
- Normal processor cooler - 500r
- Motherboard (socket 1151-v2) and ( H310 chipset) -3'400r
- RAM DDR4 - (1 * 8GB) - 2'300r
- Диск HDD 1TB 7200 rpm - 2'700r
- Power supply unit 80+ BRONZE 400W - 3'000r
- Building - 1'500r
Total 23'000r + FHD 24 ′ IPS 8 monitor'000 rub = 31'000r
Good average man!
- Processor Intel Core i5-9400F - 10'900r
- Normal processor cooler - 600r
- Motherboard (socket 1151-v2) and ( Z390 chipset) -7'500r
- RAM DDR4 - (2 * 8GB) - 5'100r
- SSD on 250GB -2'500 RUB
- Диск HDD 2TB 7200 rpm - 4'500r
- Video card GeForce GTX 1650 - 10'500r
- Power supply unit 80+ BRONZE 500W - 4'000r
- Case + 2 fans - 1'800r
Total 47'000r + 27 ′ IPS monitor 12'000r = 59'000r
- Monitor 24' (1920 1080 ×) Viewsonic VA2419-sh - 8'000r
- Monitor 27' (2560 1440 ×) BenQ BL2710PT (if you find) - 12'500r
- Monitor 27' (2560 1440 ×) Viewsonic VA2719-2K-smhd - 16'000r
- Monitor 27" (3840 2160 ×) AOC U2777PQU -26'000 RUB
- Monitor 32" (3840 2160 ×) BenQ PV3200PT -58'000 RUB
- Hard disk on 1TB is 3000r, And 2TB only 4000r, i.e. you get the second terabyte for 1000r, therefore I recommend exactly 2TB !!
- For монтажа и 4k monitor take a video card at least GeForce GTX 1660 Super.
After digging a little, I advise you to add to the assembly SSD 250GB - 2500r, and transfer the system to it, add 3000r and buy motherboard on chipset Z370 for a future upgrade and for the New Year, you can give yourself (or ask Santa) Intel i7-9700 for 28'000r (and sell your i3-8100 for 6000r).
And don't forget about BACKUP!
IF YOU WANT EVEN CHEAPER: