ZM is a family of Soviet photographic reflex lenses created on the basis of scientific research by prof. Maksutova. It is the second generation of mirror-lens photographic lenses after the MTO.
Lens for SLR cameras with M42 screw connection. This lens is installed on modern SLR and mirrorless cameras through the appropriate adapter. Read the article about adapters.
Explanation of the name - "Mirror Maksutova" or "Mirror-Meniscus Lens". Long-focus lenses of the ZM family are designed for single-lens reflex cameras. The use of a mirrored meniscus design made it possible to reduce the length and weight of the lenses in comparison with the lens design. Mirror-lens ("ZL") lenses "ZM" do not have aperture controls, the value of the relative aperture is constant.
The focusing ring is made "with overrun", this is necessary so that with strong temperature changes relative to "normal", the lens does not lose the ability to focus on the extreme values of the distance scale (infinity). A side effect of this design is the ability to mount lenses on cameras with a slightly larger flange distance than 45,5 mm, without losing focus to "infinity" (for example, on cameras with bayonetohm "Nikon F", where the flange distance is 46,5 mm).
In the designations of lenses "MC" means multilayer coating; "A" - the use of a replaceable adapter
ZM lenses scheme
Types of lenses
- ZM-1 prototype
- ZM-3 prototype
- ZM-3 medium format
- MS ZM-5A (overview)
- MS ZM-5SA
- MS ZM-6A
- ZM-6B medium format
- MS ZM-7
Due to the peculiarities of the lens design, light sources, and indeed any glare in the out-of-focus area, turn into "bagels".
Adapters for lenses XNUMXM
To work on digital cameras, you will need an adapter from the M42x1. Can be used on both Nikon and Canon. Due to the power reserve of the focusing ring.
By ordering things from the links below, you help the project cover the costs of site maintenance and development. List of adapters, systems and bayonets (direct links for ordering)
- Canon EF / EF-S adapter M42-Canon EOS (without chip or with chip).
- Canon EF-M adapter M42-Canon EF-M.
- Nikon DX / FX as well as Fujifilm and Kodak with bayonetohm Nikon F adapter M42-Nikon F with lens и without.
- Nikon 1 adapter M42-Nikon 1.
- Pentax K adapter M42-Pentax K.
- Pentax Q adapter M42-Pentax Q.
- Sony / Minolta A adapter M42-Sony A (without chip or with chip).
- Sony NEX and Sony Alpha with bayonetohm E adapter M42-Sony E (M42-Sony Nex).
- Four Thirds, aka 4/3 (Olympus, Panasonic) adapter M42-4 / 3
- Micro Four Thirds - Olympus, Panasonic, Kodak, Xiaomi with bayonetohm Micro 4/3 (Micro 4: 3) adapter M42-Micro 4/3.
- For cameras with bayonetohm Fujifilm X adapter M42-Fuji X.
- Samsung NX adapter M42-Samsung NX.
- Leica M adapter M42-L / M.
- For bayonet Leica T adapter M42-L / T.
When ordering, it should be borne in mind that cheap adapters of poor quality with a lens on bayonetf Nikon F spoil the picture significantly. Adapters without a lens reduce the maximum focusing range (due to the difference in focal lengths). Adapters with chips come across poor quality, exposure metering and focus confirmation on some Canon EOS models may suffer from this.
The set of 24M lenses for small format (36x4 mm) included a set of 5, or an expanded set of 7 (only with “ZM-1974”) light filters. This set of filters was very popular with Soviet lenses, and is the basic one. (Old names before XNUMX are shown in brackets):
- "UV-1 ×" ("ZhS10" or "ZhS-12")
- "О-2,8 ×" ("OS-12" or "OS-14")
- "ZhZ-2 ×" ("ZhZS-9")
- "Н-4 ×" ("НС-7" or "НС-8")
- "Н-2 ×" (only with the lens "ZM-7")
Lenses "MTO-4A", from at least 500, had the same 1970-piece set of light filters.
Rubinar lenses also have filters from this set, but in various cut-down versions, with the exception of lens "Rubinar 10/1000", in which the set of small (rear) light filters M35,5x0,5 consists of 5 pieces and is similar to the set "ZM-7".
- The ZM lenses had the USSR quality mark.
- The “MTO-11” lens differs from other “MTO” lenses in that it has a design and optical scheme as in the lenses of the “ZM” family.
- Lenses with adapter "A" are more compatible with modern cameras, not only due to the fact that you can install the mount under different cameras, but also because the "A" -adapter significantly protrudes beyond the rear wall of the lens and due to this, the camera's flash compartment does not rest against the lens.
write me. Help the project: 5469 1200 1062 4624. Comments can be left without registration and SMS