Despite the abundance of assorted copies of lenses in bodies similar to this version, the Ricoh Rikenon 28mm f2.8 is quite worthy of a photographer's attention.
Lens for SLR cameras with M42 screw connection. This lens is installed on modern SLR and mirrorless cameras through the appropriate adapter. Read the article about adapters.
Ricoh Rikenon 28mm f2.8 lens
The workmanship of the body parts and optics is admirable. The Ricoh Rikenon 28mm f2.8 color rendition is excellent, the XA in the open is minimal, the contrast is average, the sharpness is good from f5,6-8.
The movement of the aperture and focus rings is smooth, diaphragm has a repeater and an auto-manual switch. Single-layer optical coating. The lens performed well when shooting the sky. Not every modern lens can boast this sharpness.
By the way, the Ricoh Rikenon 28mm f2.8 aperture blades fold into a star at high values (just like in Industar 61 L / W), and they give stars from point sources of light in the out-of-focus area not nuts, but asterisks. The paint on the body is not resistant to even light mechanical stress, so most used lenses can be found with shabby bodies.
The minimum focusing distance is 0,3 meters, which allows the use of lens to take close-up shots. The green paint on the body of the Ricoh Rikenon 28mm f2.8 shows the distance in meters, white paint is duplicated in feet. The manufacturing plant is unknown.
Maybe it's Cosina, Mamiya, Tokina ... or Ricoh's own manufacturing facilities. The company in the post-Soviet space is better known for its copying machines, like Kyocera. According to some reports, in 2014, Rikoh owns a controlling stake in Pentax. Similar lenses can be found as Mamiya 28mm f2.8 (in two variations) and Tokina 28mm f2.8 (also in two variations). In the secondary market, in perfect condition, they come across at a price of 3500-4000 Russian rubles. Refers to wide-angle lensm. Wide-angle lenses on the [PRO] PHOTO portal:
- Canon EF 15mm f / 2.8
- Zenitar-M M42 16mm f / 2.8
- Ricoh Rikenon M42 28mm f / 2.8
- Hanimex M42 28mm f / 2.8
- Helios M42 28mm M42 f / 2.8
- Miranda M42 28mm f / 2.8 MC
- Pentacon Electric M42 29mm f / 2.8
- Sigma EF-s 30mm f / 1.4 EX DC HSM
- Yongnuo EF 35mm f / 2.0
- Mir-1V M42 37mm f / 2.8
Use on modern cameras
To work on digital cameras, you will need an adapter from the M42x1. Easiest to install on cropped Canon EOS with bayonetohm EF-s, especially considering that adapters without chips on Canon cost mere pennies.
By ordering adapters using the links below, you are helping the project to cover the costs of site maintenance and development. List of adapters, systems and bayonets (direct links for ordering)
- Canon EF / EF-S adapter M42-Canon EOS (without chip or with chip).
- Canon EF-M adapter M42-Canon EF-M.
- Nikon DX / FX as well as Fujifilm and Kodak with bayonetohm Nikon F adapter M42-Nikon F with lens и without.
- Nikon 1 adapter M42-Nikon 1.
- Pentax K adapter M42-Pentax K.
- Pentax Q adapter M42-Pentax Q.
- Sony / Minolta A adapter M42-Sony A (without chip or with chip).
- Sony NEX and Sony Alpha with bayonetohm E adapter M42-Sony E (M42-Sony Nex).
- Four Thirds, aka 4/3 (Olympus, Panasonic) adapter M42-4 / 3
- Micro Four Thirds - Olympus, Panasonic, Kodak, Xiaomi with bayonetohm Micro 4/3 (Micro 4: 3) adapter M42-Micro 4/3.
- For cameras with bayonetohm Fujifilm X adapter M42-Fuji X.
- Samsung NX adapter M42-Samsung NX.
- Leica M adapter M42-L / M.
- For bayonet Leica T adapter M42-L / T.
When ordering, it should be borne in mind that cheap adapters of poor quality with a lens on bayonetf Nikon F spoil the picture significantly. Adapters without a lens reduce the maximum focusing range (due to the difference in focal lengths). Adapters with chips come across poor quality, exposure metering and focus confirmation on some Canon EOS models may suffer from this.
Sample photos of Ricoh Rikenon 28mm f2.8
write me. Help the project: 5469 1200 1062 4624. Comments can be left without registration and SMS