JSC Lytkarinsky optical glass plant (LZOS) Is an instrument-making enterprise located in the city of Lytkarino, Moscow Region. It is part of the Shvabe holding of the Rostec state corporation.
It specializes in the production of optical glass, civil optical products, specialized equipment and optical devices for law enforcement agencies.
On October 1, 1933, order No. 887/204 of the All-Union Trust of the Optical and Mechanical Industry of the USSR People's Commissariat of Heavy Industry (NKTP) was signed on the construction of a mirror reflector plant near the village of Lytkarino, Ukhtomsky District, Moscow Region (ZZO - the name of the plant before it was renamed) for searchlight installations with mirrors up to 150 cm in diameter. The construction of the plant began in 1934-1935. The first mirror reflectors were produced at the factory in 1939.
During the war years, the plant launched the production of armored glass for the Il-2 attack aircraft.
In July 1946, the plant was transferred to the jurisdiction of the USSR Ministry of Armaments. A new specialization of the plant was determined by the decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR - the production of optical glass based on the use of equipment, technology and experience of the firm "Schott Jena" (Germany), as well as the organization of a new production - complex glazing for sealed high-altitude aircraft. By the order of the Minister of Armaments dated December 27.12.1946, 1949, the reconstruction of the plant was envisaged. In XNUMX the plant received its current name: "Lytkarinsky Optical Glass Plant (LZOS)".
In June 1947, one of the most experienced directors of the optical-mechanical industry, V.O. Safronov, was appointed director, and I.I.Nazarov, a prominent specialist in the field of optical glassmaking, was appointed chief engineer.
In 1948, the refinery worked out the casting of glass using the Schott method, adjusted the casting of glass on the table, and mastered the manufacture of large astro-optics from Pyrex glass. In 1949, equipment for ramming pots was manufactured, replacing the German - slip casting.
In 1952, the organization of optical and mechanical production began, primarily glass-intensive devices such as viewing prisms for armored vehicles and devices for civilian use.
LZOS products in the form of large disks were demonstrated in the Soviet pavilion at the EXPO-58 World Exhibition in Brussels and were awarded the Grand Prix. In 1960, LZOS began work on the creation of lanthanum and fluorotitanium glasses. In 1961, melting of highly crystallizing lanthanum glass was mastered.
On December 7, 1960, by the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR, the plant was instructed to organize, together with the State Optical Institute (GOI), the development of a completely new optical material - sitall - an artificial polycrystalline material with high uniformity and a coefficient of linear expansion equal to zero in the temperature range from -60 ° C to + 120 ° C. At the plant, in cooperation with specialists from the State Optical Institute and the Institute of Glass (GIS), compositions, technology and equipment for the production of sitalls were developed, replacing the heat-resistant glasses previously used for astronomical mirrors. In connection with the development of infrared technology, the production of a completely new class of oxygen-free (chalcogenide) glasses was mastered, developed by GOI, operating in the range up to 18 microns, the production of glass products of the GLS type, activated with neodymium, for optical quantum generators - LAGs (lasers).
In 1964, the plant was instructed to create a new production - fiber-optic elements. Igor Mikhailovich Buzhinsky was a long-term head of a special design and technological bureau (SKTB) for the development and mastering of the production of new brands of optical glasses, fiber-optic elements and products from them, optical glass-crystalline materials and optical quantum generators.
In the 60s, the largest domestic ZTSh telescopes at that time with mirrors made from LZOS blanks were built at the Crimean and Byurakan observatories. The plant was appointed the lead contractor for the manufacture of a 6-meter mirror blank for the Large Azimuthal Telescope (BTA). On November 20, 1964, within 5 hours 56 minutes, a blank of the telescope's main mirror was cast. Then, for 2 years, the casting was annealed in an electric furnace. The rate of temperature decrease did not exceed 0,03 deg / hour. The annealing of the casting ended on December 5, 1966. The workpiece was processed for one and a half years. Only when the 28 ton stock was removed, 7000 carats of diamond were consumed. Acceptance of the blank for further precise processing of the front side was carried out by a special commission under the leadership of Academician L.A. Artsimovich on September 4, 1968.
The final grinding and polishing of the main mirror was carried out by LOMO specialists in a thermostatted housing on a unique grinding machine manufactured by the Kolomna Heavy Machine Tool Plant. In June 1974, a mirror with a diameter of 6 meters and a weight of 42 tons was ready for certification. On July 10, 1974, a commission chaired by Academician A.M. Prokhorov accepted the mirror for installation in a telescope. The mirror was transported to the observatory built near the village of Zelenchukskaya (Karachay-Cherkessia) by road and water route, and on August 21, the mirror arrived at the site. On December 30, 1975, the entire complex of the Large Azimuth Telescope was put into operation.
In February 1970, by order of the minister, the production and technical association "Rubin" was created, where LZOS was approved by the parent enterprise. Vitaly Anatolyevich Shestakov, director of LZOS, was appointed general director of the association. The association included the largest optical and optical-mechanical factories of the country: LZOS with branches in Feodosia and Belozersk, Izyum Instrument-Making Plant (IPZ) with a branch in Kadievka, Nikolsk Plant of Optical Glass and Art Glass Products "Red Gigant" , Kuzinsky mechanical plant in the Vologda region.
Since the beginning of the 70s, the production of consumer goods and medical optics has been developing. In 1972, LZOS began mastering the production of large-sized lens objectives.
LZOS was instructed to produce many complex optical parts, such as: quartz windows for long-term orbital stations "Salyut" and spacecraft "Soyuz", glazing carrying the main temperature loads during the passage of dense layers of the atmosphere of the first tier of "Buran", triple prisms with second precision for systems long-range locations, optical elements of the power path of lasers, windows of SKAT cameras for the Institute of High Energy Physics of the USSR Academy of Sciences and "Lyudmila" for the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research - for the Serpukhov accelerator.
For merits in the creation and production of new equipment and the successful implementation of the seven-year state plan, by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR dated July 28.07.1966, 9, the plant's staff was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor. For shock work in the 1976th five-year plan, the successful implementation of the State plan in XNUMX, the association was awarded the Order of the October Revolution.
Samples of products of the Lytkarino optical glass plant
write me. Help the project: 5469 1200 1062 4624. Comments can be left without registration and SMS